UGC NET May 2021 Conducting Body
National Testing Agency
UGC NET May 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Minimum Academic Qualifications for UGC NET May 2021 required:
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least
55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent
examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course
or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- JRF: Not more than 31 years as on 1
st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.03.2021 (This age limit is applicable for the current examination only).
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant
UGC NET May 2021 Important Dates
|Application Form With Late Fee
|Application Form Correction
|UGC NET May 2021 Exam Date
To get all details about UGC NET May 2021
UGC NET May 2021 Prospectus
UGC NET May 2021 is coming up and being held from 06/10/2021 till 11/10/2021. By clicking on the download link you will be directed to the official site. Link:
UGC NET May 2021 Examination Timing:
|Shift 1 (Morning)||09:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Shift 2 (Afternoon)||03:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
There will be no break between papers.
looking at the present situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and also taking into account the safety and well-being of the candidates and examination functionaries, it has been decided to postpone the UGC-NET December 2020 cycle (May 2021) Examination.
The revised dates for the UGC-NET December 2020 cycle (May 2021) Examination will be announced later and at least 15 days before the examination.
UGC NET May 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|General / Unreserved||Rs. 1000/-|
|Gen - EWS / OBC - NCL||Rs. 500/-|
| SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 250/-|
Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are
to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Application Form Filling Instructions
Steps in Filling up the application form:
- Apply for Online Registration using unique email Id and Mobile No
- Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system
generated Application No.
- Photograph Size in JPG / JPEG (10kb -
- Signature Size in JPG / JPEG (4kb - 30kb)
- Form fees can be submitted by any of the following ways
- SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway
through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI/Paytm and keep proof of fee paid
- Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful
remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
UGC NET May 2021 Syllabus
The questions in Paper I intends to
assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
03 hours without any
All the questions will
|2||200||100||This is based on the subject
selected by the candidate and
will assess domain knowledge.
UGC NET May 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card Download Url
UGC NET May 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Documents to be brought to the Examination Centre:
- Candidates must bring the following documents to the Test Centre
- Printed copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA website
- One passport size photograph
- If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage,
candidate must show the relevant document at the time of exam. Marriage Certificate/ Divorce/ Decree/ Legal Name Change Document.
Preparation for the Exam Day
- The Admit card should be downloaded and printed immediately.
- A few copies of the Admit Card should be kept in reserve as these are also used at the time of admission and counselling.
- Photo to be fixed on the admit card, if required.
- Copy of the photo may be required to be taken to the Test Centre
- Stationary related articles as mentioned should be kept ready.
- Dress related details will also be provided in the prospectus as well as with the admit card and should be followed.
- Items not to be taken to the Exam centre or barred should be noted.
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager/ wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
- Handbag / Carry bag/ Mobile phone / calculator /watch/any other electronic gadget or any paper (other than the Admit Card) shall not be allowed inside the Test Hall/Room and the University shall not be responsible for its safekeeping. If a candidate is found in possession of any such item during the Test, he/she would be deemed to have used unfair means and may lead to cancellation of his/her candidature.
After entering the centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- No candidate will be permitted to enter the Test Centre / Hall / Room 15 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the Test.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Smoking is a not allowed.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
- The mode of availability of the admit card is online.
- Admit Card can be downloaded from the official site .
- The Admit Card for UGC NET May 2021 can be accessed using the Registration number and password.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and
Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- No Admit Card shall be issued to the candidates whose Applications are found to be incomplete for
any reasons (including indistinct/ doubtful photographs/unsigned Applications) or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- Issue of Admit Cards, however, shall not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which shall be
further scrutinized at subsequent stages of admission process
To get all details about UGC NET May 2021