Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test 2021 or BITSAT 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to B.E. (Chemical), B.E. (Civil), B.E. (Computer Science), B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engg.), B.E. (Electronics and Instrumentation) and other courses. BITSAT 2021 is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.
BITSAT for the year 2021 has been announced by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani and will be held from 03/08/2021 to 09/08/2021. The application forms will be available from 23/02/2021 till 07/07/2021. The exam is in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 17/07/2021. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about BITSAT 2021
BITSAT 2021 Conducting Body
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
BITSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
Admission to all the programmes is subject to the conditions given below:
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he / she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he / she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2021 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2021 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2021. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2021.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2021. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
BITSAT 2021 Important Dates
|Application Form Correction
|Admit Card Release Date
|BITSAT 2021 Exam Date
To get all details about BITSAT 2021
BITSAT 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
Rs. 3400/- for male candidates and Rs. 2900/- for female candidates. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the BITSAT 2021 have to fill up the application form on the official site. The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of BITSAT 2021:
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity.
- Qualification details.
- Functional e - mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, UPI or PAYTM Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber - cafe.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the BITSAT 2021:
- Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections.
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI / PAYTM
The BITSAT 2021 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class.
- English Proficiency
- Logical Reasoning
BITSAT 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager / wireless set / scanner / camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After entering the centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- No candidate shall be allowed to leave the examination hall / room before the expiry of half of the time allotted for the respective paper.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet / cancellation of the candidature.
- The mode of availability of the admit card is online.
- Admit Card can be downloaded from the official site
- The admit card of BITSAT 2021 contains lot of information including
- Roll Number
- Test Centre
- Date and time of the Exam
To get all details about BITSAT 2021
Result dates may be checked on the official webpage.
At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The candidate can also check his or her score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of his or her test date. The candidate can also take a printout of his or her score report for any further usage. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.