CDS - II 2022 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Combined Defence Services Examination - II 2022 or CDS - II 2022 is the entrance examination for admission to OFA, Chennai SSC Women - Non Technical, OFA, Chennai SSC Men - Non Technical, Flying Training, INA, Ezhimala - General Service and IMA, Dehradun - Direct Entry. CDS - II 2022 is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
CDS - II for the year 2022 has been announced by Union Public Service Commission and will be held on 04/09/2022. The application forms will be available from 18/05/2022 till 14/06/2022. The exam is in written mode. It is being conducted in English and Hindi languages. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about CDS - II 2022
CDS - II 2022 Conducting Body
Union Public Service Commission
CDS - II 2022 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
- a Citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a
person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates
who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted
to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
- Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised
University or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and
Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
CDS - II 2022 Important Dates
|CDS - II 2022 Exam Date
To get all details about CDS - II 2022
CDS - II 2022 Application Form
Application Form Filling Instructions
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website
Salient Features of the system to Online Applications Form are given
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on
the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application form
containing two stages viz. Part I and Part II as per the instructions
available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
- Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his
photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a
manner that each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be
less than 20 KB in size for the photograph and signature.
- A candidate must have his Matriculation Certificate ready prior to
filling up his application form. The details viz. Candidate’s Name,
Father’s Name, Mother’s Name & Date of Birth to be filled in Online
Application Form of the candidate should match exactly with
particulars mentioned in the Matriculation Certificate.
- In addition to this, candidate should also have details of one photo ID
viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving
License / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central
Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by
the candidate while filling up the online application form. This photo
ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised
to carry this ID while appearing for examination / Personality Test / SSB.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if
due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple
applications then he must ensure that the applications with higher RID
is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall
be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall
not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form,
they are providing their valid and active E-mail Ids as the Commission
may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at
different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals
and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to
their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without
waiting for the last date for submission of online application.
Moreover, the Commission has introduced provision of withdrawal of application for the candidate, who does not want to appear at the
Examination, he / she may withdraw his / her application.
CDS - II 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Articles permitted inside Examination Hall
- Clip board or hard board (on which nothing is written) a good quality
Black Ball Pen for marking responses on the Answer Sheet. Answer Sheet
and sheet for rough work will be supplied by the invigilator.
Articles not permitted inside Examination Hall
- Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article other than those
specified above e.g. books, notes, loose sheets, electronic or any other type
of calculators, mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils
of maps, slide rules, Test Booklets and rough sheets pertaining to earlier
Mobiles, phones, Bluetooth, pagers or any other communication devices
are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being
conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail
disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the
banned items including mobile phones / Bluetooth / pagers to the venue of
the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured.
Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable / costly items to the
Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same cannot be assured.
Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Conduct in Examination Hall
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene
in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission
for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely
Unfair means strictly prohibited
- No candidate shall copy from the papers of any other candidate nor permit
his papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt
to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
Answer Sheet particulars
- Write with Black ball pen your Centre and subject followed by test booklet
series (in bracket), subject code and roll number at the appropriate space
provided on the answer sheet at the top. Also encode your booklet series
(A, B, C, or D as the case may be), subject code and roll number in the
circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet. The guidelines for
writing the above particulars and for encoding the above particulars are
given in Annexure. In case the booklet series is not printed on the test
booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered, please report immediately to the
invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in
encoding/filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard
to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet
liable for rejection.
- Immediately after commencement of the examination please check that the
test booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing
pages or items etc., if so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the
same series and subject.
- Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of
information asked for, on the answer sheet / test booklet / sheet for rough
- Do not fold or mutilate or damage or put any extraneous marking in the
Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet.
- Since the answer sheets will be evaluated on computerised machines,
candidates should exercise due care in handling and filling up the answer
sheets. They should use black ball pen only to darken the circles. For
writing in boxes, they should use black ball pen. Since the entries made
by the candidates by darkening the circles will be taken into account
while evaluating the answer sheets on computerised machines, they
should make these entries very carefully and accurately.
To get all details about CDS - II 2022