Common Entrance Examination for Design 2021 or CEED 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to M.Des. and Ph.D.. CEED 2021 is conducted by IIT (Indian Institute Of Technology), Bombay.
CEED for the year 2021 has been announced by IIT (Indian Institute Of Technology), Bombay and will be held from 17/10/2020 to 17/01/2021. The application forms will be available from 09/09/2020 till 17/11/2020. The exam is in online and written mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 01/01/2021. Result is expected to be announced on 08/03/2021.
To get all details about CEED 2021
CEED 2021 Conducting Body
IIT (Indian Institute Of Technology), Bombay
CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Minimum Academic Qualifications for CEED 2021 required are that students should have passed or are appearing in a degree/diploma / postgraduate degree program of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2021, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level) by July 2021. from a recognized university.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED.
CEED 2021 Important Dates
|Application Form With Late Fee
|Admit Card Release Date
|CEED 2021 Exam Date
|Answer Key For Challenge Display
|Declaration of result
To get all details about CEED 2021
CEED 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|All women candidates
|SC / ST / PwD||1600 |
|Other candidates||3200 |
|Application late fee||500|
- Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the CEED 2021 have to fill up the application form on the official site. A student can submit the application only once; multiple forms will be rejected.The submission is ONLINE only.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of CEED 2021
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Scanned copy of passport color photograph in JPG Scanned copy of the signature
- Scanned copy of your degree/diploma certificate in .pdf file
- Candidates who are applying in the EWS / SC / ST / OBC-NCL category have to
produce valid category certificates (.pdf file)
- Candidates who are applying in person with physical disability (PwD) category should
produce a valid medical certificate (.pdf file)
- PwD candidates requiring the services of a scribe and/or compensatory time during
the exam need to upload a request letter as per Appendix 10 (.pdf file)
- Candidate whose name is not same as the name on the degree / diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name (.pdf file)
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, UPI or PAYTM Service is a must.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the CEED 2021:
- Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI / PAYTM
The Questions for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus as notified in the Prospectus or Information Brochure of CEED 2021 exam as set by the Governing body.
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the
understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with
- design, history of the designed art fact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyse given information logically and
select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to
deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English
language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and
the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to
day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line
quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the
help of text and visuals.
- Problem identification skills: Ability to understand the user and the context,
knowledge of properties of materials and their appropriate use in design, etc
This syllabus can also be viewed in the prospectus or Information Brochure of CEED 2021 Exam
Sample Paper Link:
The Subjects included for CEED 2021 Exam are:
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Communication skills
- Problem identification skills
CEED 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Preparation for the Exam Day
- The Admit card should be downloaded and printed Immediately.
- A few copies of the Admit Card should be kept in reserve as these are also used at the time of admission and counselling.
- Photo to be fixed on the admit card, if required
- Documents to be taken to the Exam centre should be kept ready.
- Copy of the photo may be required to be taken to the Test Centre.
- Stationary related articles as mentioned should be kept ready.
- Dress related details will also be provided in the prospectus as well as with the admit card and should be followed.
- Items not to be taken to the Exam centre or barred should be noted.
Before entering the Exam Centre
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager/ wireless set, scanner, camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After entering the centre
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about CEED 2021