Common Law Admission Test for UG 2023 or CLAT UG 2023 is the entrance examination for admission to B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), BBA LL.B. (Hons.), B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) and B.S.W. LL.B. (Hons.). CLAT UG 2023 is conducted by Consortium of National Law Universities, comprising representative universities..
CLAT UG for the year 2023 has been announced by Consortium of National Law Universities, comprising representative universities. and will be held on 18/12/2022. The application forms will be available from 08/08/2022 till 20/11/2022. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 06/12/2022. Result is expected to be announced on 23/12/2022.
- NLSIU (National law School of India University, Bengaluru)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- NLIU (National Law Institute University), Bhopal
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata
- NLUJ (National Law University, Jodhpur)
- HNLU (Hidayatullah National Law University)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- RMLNLU (Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University)
- RGNUL (Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law)
- CNLU (Chanakya National Law University)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Ernakulam
- National Law University, Odisha
- NUSRL (National University of Study and Research in Law)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
- DSNLU (Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- MNLU (Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat
To get all details about CLAT UG 2023
CLAT UG 2023 Conducting Body
Consortium of National Law Universities, comprising representative universities.
CLAT UG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum Academic Qualifications required for CLAT UG 2023 required are:
- There is be no upper age limit for candidates appearing for UG Programme through the CLAT 2023.
- Candidates must secure the following minimum percentage of marks in their qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination):
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who may be appearing for their qualifying examination in March/ April, 2023 are also eligible to appear for the CLAT 2023 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission, failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the course they may have applied for.
- If more than one candidate secures an equal number of marks in the CLAT 2023, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component/section on Legal Aptitude in the CLAT 2023 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
CLAT UG 2023 Important Dates
|Application Form With Late Fee
|Admit Card Release Date
|CLAT UG 2023 Exam Date
|Answer Key For Challenge Display
|Declaration of result
To get all details about CLAT UG 2023
Prospectus not yet available. It will be uploaded as soon as it is available.
CLAT UG 2023 Application Form
Application Form Fee
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
|For General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidate||Rs.4,000/-|
|For SC/ST/BPL category candidates||Rs.3,500/-|
Application Form Filling Instructions
- Students applying for the CLAT UG 2023 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of CLAT UG 2023:
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Scanned copy of passport photograph in JPG or JPEG format.
- Scanned copy of signature in JPG or JPEG format.
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, UPI or PAYTM Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-cafe.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the CLAT UG 2023:
Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections.
Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature.
Step-4: Payments have to be made by Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
CLAT UG 2023 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre
Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
- No communication equipment such as mobile phones / pager / wireless set / scanner / camera or any such electronic / digital gadget etc are allowed in the exam centre; carrying one will lead to disqualification.
After entering the centre
Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- No candidate shall be allowed to leave the examination hall / room before the expiry of half of the time allotted for the respective paper.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet / cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about CLAT UG 2023
All India Quota Counselling