GSET 2021 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2021 or GSET 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to SET. GSET 2021 is conducted by Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara..
GSET for the year 2021 has been announced by Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. and will be held on 26/12/2021. The application forms will be available from 21/06/2021 till 21/07/2021. The exam is in written mode. The duration of the exam will be 180 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about GSET 2021
GSET 2021 Conducting Body
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
GSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications: The Minimum Academic Qualifications for GSET 2021 required are
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree in a subject of GSET.
- The Reservation policy for GSET examination is as per the Gujarat Government. Central Government OBC certificate is not acceptable from the candidates belonging to SEBC of Gujarat State.
- The candidates of other States, i.e. other than Gujarat State, belonging to reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates.
- The candidates having Post Graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the Foreign
- University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate, with Master's degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
- Such candidates who qualify SET will be required to submit equivalence certificate from AIU, immediately after the result of the SET examination) General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: in Sciences, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications are eligible for GSET Examination. The Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / PwD (PH - Physically Handicapped / VH - Visually Handicapped) / Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for GSET Examination.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still
- awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for GSET Examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for eligibility of Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC / ST /PwD(PH/VH) / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified. Candidates belonging to Third gender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for GSET as are available to SC/ST categories. The subject wise cutoffs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD(PH/VH)/SEBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of GSET. Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, the GSET certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
- There is no upper age limit applying in GSET for eligibility of Assistant Professor.
GSET 2021 Important Dates
|GSET 2021 Exam Date
To get all details about GSET 2021
GSET 2021 is coming up and being held from 26/12/2021 till 26/12/2021. By clicking on the download link you will be directed to the official site. Link:
GSET 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|General / Gen – EWS / SEBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidates||Rs. 900/- + Bank Charges|
|SC / ST / Third gender Candidates||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
|PWD (PH/VH) Candidates||Rs. 100/- + Bank Charges|
Application Form Filling Instructions
Students applying for the GSET 2021 have to fill up the application form on the official site.
The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
The submission is ONLINE only.
Requirements to be readied before you start filling up the Application Form of GSET 2021
- PC or a Laptop with Internet connectivity
- Qualification details
- Soft copy of candidate’s coloured passport size photograph in JPG / JPEG format with White Background.
- Soft copy of candidate’s signature in JPG / JPEG format.
- Functional e-mail Id as all communication are made through email; Parents email id is recommended.
- Mobile number as all information is sent through SMS too. Parents phone number can be used.
- For online payments, usually a valid debit or credit card as well as Net Banking facility, Credit Cards & Debit Cards Service is a must.
- Printer is required for keeping hard copies; if there is no printer, one can save the printouts, transfer them on to a pen drive and get it printed from a cyber-café.
- It is recommended to download the information Bulletin Brochure and read it carefully so that you understand various requirements to fill up the form.
The Usual Steps in filling up the Online Application Form of the GSET 2021
- Step-1: Students have to register for Online Application Form. A login and Password are created.
- Step-2: Student has to Complete the Application Form and its various sections
- Step-3: Required documents in the form of Scanned Images of Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Step-4: Payments have to be made by Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards & Demand Draft
GSET 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Before entering the Exam Centre:
- Try to reach the exam centre one hour prior to the time advised in the admit card.
- Before leaving for the site, please have a hearty breakfast or light lunch depending on the session. Drink plenty of fluids; as in summers dehydration can set in affecting your performance in the exam.
- Have a cookie or a chocolate just before entering the centre; this prevents hypoglycaemia and thus helps you stay alert longer improving your results.
- If it is a busy centre, then don’t wait till last for the entry and security check.
- Centre will not allow you to enter after the stipulated time of closing the doors.
- Admission to the Exam Centre is with the Admit Card; no candidates shall be admitted to the test without the production of the Admit Card at the Test Centre.
- Usually no bags are allowed.
- No eatables are allowed.
After entering the centre:
- Once candidates enter the centre, they should locate their designated hall and seat.
- If mentioned, candidates will be hand frisked as well as photographed or video graphed before entering the centre
- After all the formalities, candidates should enter the allotted hall and take the designated seat.
- For Objective Type question papers, rough work is to be done in the space provided for this purpose. No rough work is allowed on the OMR Answer Sheet under any situation.
- Questions have to be answered on the answer sheet only.
- Copying, use of unfair means of any kind, talking, asking questions from other candidates or borrowing of material inside the Test Centre is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are to return their OMR answer-sheets and the question paper in full to the Centre Superintendent. Tearing or taking away of the question paper is not allowed failing which the candidates shall be disqualified from the entire Entrance Test.
- Misbehaviour of any kind can lead to expulsion of the candidate.
- Caught copying helping in copying will mean cancellation of the answer sheet/cancellation of the candidature.
- Marking the answer sheet or question paper in any way will also lead to cancellation of the exam for that candidate.
To get all details about GSET 2021