MAH CET MCA 2021 Exam - Dates, Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Master of Computer Applications 2021 or MAH CET MCA 2021 is the entrance examination for admission to MCA. MAH CET MCA 2021 is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
The application forms will be available from 02/07/2021 till 23/07/2021. The exam is in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. The result date will be announced later.
To get all details about MAH CET MCA 2021
MAH CET MCA 2021 Conducting Body
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra
MAH CET MCA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed minimum three year duration Bachelor’s Degree awarded by University recognised
by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).
- Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at Graduate level
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in
Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science
(Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for
- Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects
on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
- In case the candidates are awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of
grades / CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by
the University/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor's degree.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC, SBC and
SEBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny
Committee of Social Welfare Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category
should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal
Department and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates at the
time of verification of documents.
MAH CET MCA 2021 Important Dates
|MAH CET MCA 2021 Exam Date
To get all details about MAH CET MCA 2021
MAH CET MCA 2021 Prospectus
MAH CET MCA 2021 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra
State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ / DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, SEBC] and & Persons with Disability
Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Application Form Filling Instructions
How to apply for registration for CET
- Candidates to go to the official website and click on the option
"APPLY ONLINE" which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "ClickhereforNewRegistration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Incasethecandidateisunabletocompletetheapplicationforminonego,he/she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/entertained after clicking in the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature for CET & Admission.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the validate your detail
ls' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
Online Payment of Examination Fees
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the
payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee.If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once
your transaction is completed.
Application form processing fee as stated below is to be paid through online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card / Debit Card (RuPay / Visa / MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards / Mobile Wallets for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fee. No other mode of payment shall be permitted. This fee is non - refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
MAH CET MCA 2021 Syllabus
|Section||No of Questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks|
|Logical / Abstract Reasoning||30||2||60|
|English comprehension and verbal ability||20||2||40|
|Computer Concepts ||20||2||40|
- Mathematics and Statistics:
The questions will cover the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic
equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point,
intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear
differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution
of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and
independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and
kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations,
Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares,
correlation and regression.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles,
volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and logically you can think.This
section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. This
test shall check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
- English comprehension and verbal ability
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s general understanding of the
English language. There will be questions on the topics such as Basic English grammar,
vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases,
- Computer Concepts
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure
of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization,
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and
hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division,
multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point
representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra,
truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between
processor and I / O devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing
operating systems, Computer programming in C.
- Operating System basics: Multiprogramming and timesharing operating systems.
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning
- English comprehension and
- Computer Concepts:
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Language
- Operating System basics
MAH CET MCA 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
In the examination hall, the Hall Ticket along with original of the candidate’s currently valid photo identity (bearing the same name as it appears on the Hall Ticket) such as PAN Card /
Passport / Permanent Driving License / Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazzetted Officer on official letterhead along with photograph / Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph / valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/ University/ Aadhaar / E-Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity Card with photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the Hall Ticket, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the Examination.Ration Card & Learning Driving License are not valid id proof.
Candidates Reporting Late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the Hall Ticket for
Examination will not be permitted to take the examination. The reporting time mentioned on the Hall Ticket is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the examination is 1.5 hours (90 minutes), candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 140 minutes including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions.
Note: Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof along with Examination
Hall Ticket while attending the examination, without which they will not be allowed to take up the examination. Candidates must note that the name as appearing on the Hall Ticket
(provided during the process of registration) should match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof. Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Hall Ticket and Photo Identity Proof the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination. In case of candidates who have changed their name, will be allowed only if they produce original Gazette notification / their original marriage certificate / affidavit in original.
To get all details about MAH CET MCA 2021