Air Force Common Admission Test (II) 2020 or AFCAT (II) 2020 is the entrance examination for admission to Ground Duty (Technical), Flying Training and Ground Duty (Non Technical). AFCAT (II) 2020 is conducted by Indian Air Force.
AFCAT (II) for the year 2020 has been announced by Indian Air Force and will be held from 03/10/2020 to 05/10/2020. The application forms will be available from 15/06/2020 till 14/07/2020. The exam is in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 165 minutes. It is being conducted in English language. Admit card will be available from 15/09/2020. Result is expected to be announced on 20/10/2020.
To get all details about AFCAT (II) 2020
AFCAT (II) 2020 Conducting Body
Indian Air Force
AFCAT (II) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India as per Indian citizenship act, 1955
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on
01 July 2021 i.e. born between 02 July 1997 to 01 July 2001 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1995 to 01 July 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branch 20 to 26 years as on
01 July 2021 i.e. born between 02 July 1995 to 01 July 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Marital Status: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time
of commencement of course. Widows / Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at SSB or medical will not be eligible for training. A candidate who marries during the period of training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- Flying Branch:
- Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of
50% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and
- Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a
recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a
minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate
Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Ground Duty (Technical) Branch:
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches
- Administration. Passed 10+2 and Graduate Degree (Minimum three
years degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Education: Passed 10+2 and Post-Graduation with 50% in any discipline including integrated courses offering PG (Single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry) and with 60% marks in Graduation in any discipline.
- Passed 10+2 and Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream /
Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology and Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
Physical and Medical Standards:
- Guidelines with regard to physical and medical standards for candidates are as provided in the Appendix ‘A’ to the notification.
AFCAT (II) 2020 Important Dates
|Admit Card Release Date
|AFCAT (II) 2020 Exam Date
|Declaration of result
To get all details about AFCAT (II) 2020
AFCAT (II) 2020 Prospectus
Entry, Branch, Course Number, and Vacancies:
|Entry||Branch||PC / SSC||Course Number||Vacancies|
|Ground Duty (NonTechnical)
(Administration and Education)|
|SSC for Men and Women|
|PC for Men and
SSC for Men and Women|
|PC for Men and SSC for Men and Women|
|210 / 21F / SSC / M and W|
|209 / 21T / PC / 99AEC/M
209 / 21T/ SSC / 99AEC /
M and W
|209 / 21G / PC / M
209 / 21G / SSC / M and W|
|SSC - 74|
AE(L) : PC - 40, SSC - 26
AE(M): PC - 23, SSC - 16
Admin: PC - 23, SSC - 16
Edn: PC - 08, SSC - 08
|Flying ||PC for Men and SSC for Men and Women||210 / 21F / PC / M and
210 / 21F / SSC / M and W
|10% seats out of
CDSE vacancies for
PC and 10% seats
out of AFCAT
vacancies for SSC|
|Ground Duty (NonTechnical)||PC for Men and |
SSC for Men and
|209 / 21G / PC / M
209 / 21G / SSC / M and W
PC - 10 SSC - 12
19th September 2020 (Day 1)
20th September 2020 (Day 2)
|Candidate Reporting Time|
Admit Card and ID
Photo / Thumb
Impression / Sign
Sheet and Candidate
Seating in Exam
AFCAT (II) 2020 Application Form
Application Form Fee
|Application Fee||Rs. 250/- (non-refundable)|
Application Form Filling Instructions
Aspirants for IAF are required to apply online by using the link
https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in, or https://afcat.cdac.in. Aadhaar Card is mandatory for online registration. Detailed instructions for filling in the online application form are appended below:
- Applicants need to exercise utmost care while filling in the online application. In case
any information is found to be incorrect, the candidature is liable to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process. Please verify the correctness of information entered in all the fields before proceeding with the “Make Payment” option. Applicants will not be able to edit the previous details entered after the selection of “Course Preferences” step and after the “Make Payment” step.
- If an applicant has submitted more than one application, only the latest submitted
application form against a particular Aadhaar Number, will be considered for issue of Admit Card. However, the fee deposited while filling additional applications will not be refundable.
- Applicants will be required to complete the process of Online Application form which will
have the following sequences. Details in tabular form are given in Para 7 (h) below:
- Click “CANDIDATE LOGIN’’ on the Home page- leads to AFCAT Sign-in
- In the next page, applicants to click “NOT YET REGISTERED? REGISTER
- Sign Up: Creation of Log-in ID and applicant will receive a password in his/her
registered email id.
- After successful registration, sign-in with registered email id and system
- Reset Password- Log-Out (candidates must remember their login ID and
password for future use during the examination process)
- Fresh Log-in.
- Selection of Entry: “AFCAT”; “NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR FLYING
BRANCH”; “METEOROLOGY ENTRY
- Click “INSTRUCTIONS”. Read Instructions carefully.
- Acknowledgment of having read and understood instructions- Check box to
proceed to next stage
- Click “APPLICATION FORM FILLING:
- Personal Information
- Qualification Details
- Course Preference
- Communication Details
- Upload Documents
- Exam City Selection
- Click “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to proceed to next stage
- Click “MAKE PAYMENT”- Online (applicable only for AFCAT)
- Click “PAYMENT STATUS” to view whether payment is successful. If
Registration Number is displayed, it implies that the payment is successful
Air Force Selection Board (AFSB).:
- For AFCAT entry, IAF shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum
qualifying marks in the Online AFCAT as fixed by the IAF in their discretion. Candidates who are declared successful in the Online AFCAT will be called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards. Candidates who have applied for NCC Special Entry/Meteorology will be directly called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centres. The AFSB centres are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi (4 AFSB). Candidates who have qualified in the written exam are required to choose AFSB date and venue by themselves on the website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in in order to generate call- up letter for AFSB interview.
- Physical Fitness. Candidates are advised to be physically fit when you report for SSB
in order to be able to undergo various tests at AFSB. You should aim to achieve an ability to run 01 mile (1.6 kms) in 10 minutes, 10 push ups and 3 chin ups.
- Tattoos. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm (from
inside of elbow to the wrist) and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing customs and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- Narcotics. Use/possession of narcotics is banned. Candidate may be
tested for presence of drugs in the body during Medicals and subsequently during training/ service career as an officer. If candidate is found to be using/ in possession of narcotics during any time of training/service career, candidate would be debarred from joining the Indian Air Force or be removed from service if already joined.
Standard and Syllabus of the Examination:
- Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion /
Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases
- General Awareness:
- History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current
Affairs, Environment, BasicScience, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
- Numerical Ability:
- Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time and Distance (Trains / Boats and Streams).
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation
level. The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level (Indian University)
- General Awareness
Ability in English
- Military Aptitude Test
Candidates with one of the choices as (Technical) Branch] :
AFCAT (II) 2020 Admit Card
|Admit Card Download Start Date
Admit Card Download Url
AFCAT (II) 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Examination Day Instructions
Special Instructions to Candidates for Online Examination:
- Items to be Brought Inside Examination Hall: The following items are to be
carried to the exam centre:-
- e-Admit Card for AFCAT 02/2020.
- Candidate’s Aadhaar Card.
- Another valid photo identity card such as PAN card/ passport/ driving
licence/ voter identity card/ college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof, with details of name, father’s name, date of birth and a clear photograph.
- Two passport size colour photographs- same as the photo uploaded
during online application (to be pasted, not stapled on Admit Card next to the printed photo and on attendance sheet at the exam centre).
- Ballpoint Pen (Blue or Black) for signing on the attendance sheet and
- Items not permitted inside Examination Hall:
- Candidates are not allowed to
carry any textual material, calculators, docupen, slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches with facilities of calculator, mobile phones, blue tooth, pager or any other digital device except the admit card, identity proof inside the AFCAT- C-DAC exam centre premises. If the candidate is in possession of any of the above mentioned items, it will be construed as an attempt to using unfair means and his/her examination will be cancelled. The item will be confiscated and he/ she will also be debarred from future AFCAT examinations. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the Examination Centres, as safekeeping of the same cannot be assured. IAF will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- If any candidate resorts to the use of unfair means during the exam, he/ she will be withdrawn from the examination and his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Conduct in Examination Hall:
- The candidates are expected to conduct themselves in a dignified manner during the examination or while interacting with the staff on duty. If any candidate is involved in act(s) of indiscipline at the exam centre (before, during or after the exam), he/ she will be withdrawn from the examination and his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Instructions for examination:
- Question paper will be made available to
candidates only during the online examination. The request of candidates to provide copies of question paper will not be entertained until the completion of entire process and preparation of final merit list post AFSB testing and Medical examination
- For AFCAT Candidates Only: click “DOWNLOAD ADMIT
CARD” to download your Admit Card from the website https://afcat.cdac.in and you will also receive admit card on your registered email ID. If the candidate does not receive his/ her admit card in their registered email id or is not able to download the same from the mentioned website, he/ she is required to enquire from AFCAT Query Cell at C-DAC, Pune. (Phone Nos: 020-25503105 or 020-25503106). E-Mail queries may be addressed to email@example.com.
To get all details about AFCAT (II) 2020